A CROSS-DISCIPLINARY TEAM OF LEADING SPECIALISTS
Lawyers in the Energy practice group form a cross-disciplinary team of specialists in corporate – M&A, project finance / PPP, public law, competition law, as well as in commercial contracts and litigation. They regularly act on behalf of large corporations in the energy sector, lenders, investment funds and project developers in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
The team is regularly involved in a number of projects related to:
- photovoltaics equipment
- wind farms (onshore or offshore)
- geothermal heat
- transport and storage of natural gas
- transport and distribution of electricity
The team is not only experienced in the electricity sector, but also in the gas sector, and regularly advises infrastructure operators and other market players. The team is also very well versed in the areas of nuclear energy, and oil and mining resources.
In May 2012, the team was extended to include Christine Le Bihan-Graf, who formerly acted as a member of the supreme administrative court, the Conseil d’Etat, and also as General Director of the Commission for Energy Regulation.
Capabilities in the Energy Sector
- legal, tax and real estate structuring and financing of projects in nearly every energy sector
- providing assistance to developers and investors in negotiating their contracts
- providing assistance on issues related to public law, zoning law and environmental law
- due diligence
Capabilities in Public Law and Regulated Industrial Sectors
- advice on dealing with sectorial regulatory authorities (CSA, CRE, ARCEP, ARAF, etc.)
- litigation before the dispute resolution committees of such authorities
- advice and assistance to industrial entities in preparing their market positioning (distribution and transport network pricing, feed-in contracts, investments in infrastructures, acquisitions, regulated sales tariffs, access to networks, quality of service, consumer protection, return on investments, etc.)
- assistance in preparing proposals in response to calls for bids and concession renewals
- drafting responses to public consultations
- assistance in dealing with the European Commission and governmental authorities