"A noted name in structured finance, Olivier Hubert has been described as "diligent, accessible and pragmatic."" Chambers Europe and Global 2016
Olivier Hubert intervenes in banking law and financial law, advising on regulatory matters and on structured finance transactions, capital markets transactions, securitisation, international finance including asset finance and acquisition finance).
Admitted to the Paris Bar, he graduated from the Institute of Political Sciences (Sciences Po Paris-1976) and holds an advanced degree (DEA) in business law from the University of Paris (1978).
He’s a Partner of De Pardieu Brocas Maffei since 2002.
Recognised for his expertise both in banking law and financial law, he also acquired a strong experience of investment banking activities in several international banks (1978-2002), in particular as General Counsel for International Legal Affairs at Calyon.
Olivier Hubert is the author of several publications including in particular and he’s also a member of the Law Reviews leading panel of contributors (2020).
- “Chambers Banking Regulation 2020/21 Global Practice Guide – French Chapter” written by Olivier Hubert, Corentin Coatalem and Arnaud Pince, Chambers & Partners, January 2021
- “The International Capital Markets Review – Edition 9 – Chapitre France” co-written by Olivier Hubert, The Law Review, 2020
- Newsletter De Pardieu Brocas Maffei: “Réforme de la réglementation des investissements étrangers” (January 2020)
- Banking Regulation in France – Overview”, written by Olivier Hubert and Arnaud Pince, Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, 2020.
- “Structured Finance & Securitisation 2019” Getting the Deal Through, 2019;
- “Banking Regulation in France – Overview” written by Olivier Hubert and Arnaud Pince, Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, 2018.
- Structured Finance & Securitisation 2018” Getting the Deal Through, 2018;
- “Structured Finance & Securitisation 2017” Getting the Deal Through, 2017 ;
- “Banking Regulation – French chapter” The European Lawyer, 2017;
- article “Le Brexit: Phileas Fogg sans Passepartout?” Les Echos (2016) ;
- “Structured Finance & Securitisation – French chapter” Getting the Deal Through, 2015;
- “Banking Regulation – French chapter” The European Lawyer, 2015;
- “The international Capital Market Review – French chapter” with Antoine Maffei – Law Business Research, 2014;
- “Insurance and reinsurance Law & Regulation – French chapter” The European Lawyer, 2014;
- articles on the revival of securitization (La relance de la titrisation enFrance) in Revue-Banque, May 2014;
- “Crowfunding plateforms in France” (Plateformes de financement participatif : quelles avancées réglementaires) in Décideurs-Stratégie-Finance Droit, April 2014;
- “Financing of the economy by insurance companies and the new FPE (Fonds de Prêt à l’Economie)” Newsletter De Pardieu Brocas Maffei, October 2013;
- “Financement des start-up et recherche d’investisseurs : un parcours d’obstacles” in Décideurs – Stratégie Finance Droit, October 2013;
- “Assignment and transfers of receivables” Newsletter De Pardieu Brocas Maffei, March 2012;
- “Outlook of the French market International Capital Markets Review” (2011);
- “Bank Deposit Guarantee Schemes” (2010);
- “Enforcement of Security Interests in Banking Transactions” (2010),
- “Security over Receivables”, Oxford University Press (2008).