"Patrick Jaïs has experience advising on public and private M&A, assisting clients with tender offers and divestments. His clientele spans the manufacturing and retail sectors." CHAMBERS EUROPE 2020 / "Clients praise his ability in international matters, underlining his strengths as "the quality of his analysis and his efficiency." CHAMBERS EUROPE 2019
ExpertisesCorporate – M&AMergers & Acquisitions – Corporate LawSecurities Law and DisputesDistressed M&AEnergyRestructuring & InsolvencyDispute Resolution
Patrick Jaïs intervenes in mergers and acquisitions, stock exchange regulations and complex restructurings. He also handles private equity transactions, representing both issuers and investors, and handles mergers and acquisitions and stock exchange litigation matters (including AMF and white collar proceedings). He mainly represents French and foreign-listed companies, investment funds and industrial groups.
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1987, he holds an advanced degree (DEA) in business law from the University of Paris X Nanterre (1985).
He joined De Pardieu Brocas Maffei as a partner in 2009, after working at Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson in Paris (2005-2008) and Veil Jourde (1994-2005) as a partner and at Gide Loyrette Nouel (1987-1994) as an associate.
Patrick Jaïs is an Expert of the “Club des Juristes” and wrote some articles in his practice areas.
He was speaking during the conference organized by the Club des Juristes on the topic: “Quelles evolutions pour la commission des sanctions?” (9th July 2013, Maison de la recherche, Paris) and during the Global M&A Forum in London, the 7th July 2015, on the topic “Trends and innovations in M&A deals”.
He was also speaking during the “4th Mergers and Acquisitions in the Technology Sector Conference” by the IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee and the IBA Technology Law Committee in Barcelona the 28th and 29th March 2019 on the topic “Remedies of M&A deals – protection and enforcement“.
- “Données de connexion et libertés publiques” Le Club des Juristes, September 21, 2020
- “Investissements directs étrangers : la renaissance du souverainisme” Le Club des Juristes, May 4, 2020
- “Les règles de l’impartialité dans la procédure AMF” Décideurs, September 2013
- “Vers l’égalité des armes dans la procédure AMF” Les Echos, 26 June 2013
- “Enquête AMF – La lettre circonstanciée dans la procédure d’enquête AMF : un premier pas vers le contradictoire ?” La Semaine Juridique, June 3, 2013
- “France – Treasury Shares Guide 2012” IBA Corporate and M&A Law Committee, May 2012
- “Entretien M&A” Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit